Prof. (Dr.) T. V. Thulasidharan
||Permanent Address :
Vimalalayam, Vettethitta PO
Piravanthoor, Kollam Dist, Kerala.
Official Address :
Professor, School of Pedagogical Sciences,
Mahatma Gandhi University,
P.D. Hills PO, Kottayam – 686560
Ph. D. (Education)
M.A. Political Science
Guiding Ph. D., M.Phil. & M. Ed. level.
Guided more than 55 M.Ed. Thesis.
Guided 4. M.Phil. Thesis.
Guiding Ph. D. level:
Awarded Ph. D. Degree to 2 students
9 Students are now doing Ph.D. under guidance.
Title of Awarded Ph.D:
“Preparation and Testing of Learning Modules in Environmental Science at Higher Secondary Level” (K.K. John- 2008).
“A Study of the Effect and Relationship between Some Selected Correlates of Achievement in Social Science of Secondary School Students.”(Mathew Joseph 2009)
Teaching Experience : 18 Years
U G- Level – 5 years at B. Ed. level.
P G.- Level- 13 Years at M.Ed level.
M. Phil classes since 2000
Acted as Principal on additional charge in University College of Teacher Education (UCTE) from 1999 to 2005 at various UCTE’s.
- Principal on additional charge in UCTE – Nedunkandom (27-10-1999 to 28-2-2000)
- Principal on additional charge in UCTE – Vaikom (12-11-2000 to 5-3-2001)
- Principal on additional charge in UCTE – Thodupuzha. (7-3-2001 to 4.9.2002)
- Principal on additional charge in UCTE – Erattupetta (9-11-2002 to 7-3-2005)
Co-ordinator for University Colleges of Teacher Education
- Worked as Co-ordinator for University Colleges of Teacher Education from 8.4. 2005 to 31.8. 2008.
- Co-ordinator for UGC sponsored Civil Service Coaching for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe students and Minority Communities
- Coordinator for Remedial Coaching for SC/ST and Minority Communities.
- Coordinator Placement Cell , Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
Membership in University Bodies
- Senate Member in Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- Member in the Board of Studies, P.G. & U.G. in M.G. University, Kottayam.
- Member in the Board of Studies P.G. & U.G. in Kannur University.
- Member of Faulty of Education Kannur University.
Membership in Research Organizations
- Life member in all India Association of Educational Technology
- Life member of India Adult Education Association.
- Life member of IAEWP (International Association of Educators for World Peace
- Life member of AIAER (All India Association for Educational Research)
- Life member of CTE (Council of Teacher Education).
- Member in National Institute of Continuing Education.
- Member in National Literacy Mission.
- Member in Punalur Social Service Society.
- Peer team Member in NCTE SRC Bangalore
Book – 1
Research articles – 8
Published Seminar abstracts -14
Participation – 36
International Conference participated and paper presentation – 14
National Seminars/Workshops/Conferences Attended – 36
Particulars of Publication
Social Science Education: Methodology of Teaching and Pedagogic Analysis Calicut University Central Co-operative Store, 2006
- Scheduled Tribe Students in Wyanad: A Study on their Academic Achievement in Creative Psychologist 1993, Vol 5. No. 192.
- Relationship between Creativity and Self Derogation among Higher Secondary Students, in Pedagogics, Vol. No. 1 1998.
- Achievement as related to Peer Adjustment – A Study among higher secondary students in Pedagogics Vol. II. No. 1, 2001
- Grading system at Secondary Level in Pedagogics Vol. I.. No. 1. 2004.
- Social anxiety and Academic Achievement among Higher Secondary School Students in Pedagogics Vol. No.1 December 2006.
- Environmental Sustainability as a Vital source for Sustainable Development in Pedagogics Vol VI. No.1 Sept 2007.
- Test Anxiety and self-esteem among Senior Secondary School Students in Indian Journal of Applied Psychology April 2008. Vol. 45, 26- 30.
- Influence of Locus of Control and Examination Anxiety among student teachers in Pedagogics Vol. VIII No. 1 December 2008.
International Conferences Attended and Papers Presented
- International Conference on Social Responsibilities in an Individualistic Era – A Challenge to Non-formal Adult Education at Mithranikethan People’s College (MPC), Thiruvanathaopuram on 29th to 31st October 2002.
- Scholastically Backward Children: Victims of Chalk and Talk. International Conference on Beyond Chalk and Talk: Challenges and opportunities for Teaching in the Digital Age (Department of Educational Technology Society for Educational Technology, Research and Development & Tamilnadu State Council for Higher Education, Thiruchirapallli) 2005.
- Challenges of Teacher Education in the context of Inclusive Education. International Conference, Teacher Education in the context of Globalization. (Banglore University Department of Education New Horizon College of Education and Teacher Educators Cultural and Educational forum, Banglore). 2005.
- Empowering Rural School Students for Meeting the New Challenges of Education – some Practical Suggestions. International Conference on Teaching Techniques in Rural School (All India Association for Educational Research, Chennai, Tamilnadu). 2006.
- Moral value Awareness and self-Derogation among Institutionalized Children. International Conference and Empowering Learners Beyond Cognition. VOC college of Education, Thottukudi South India) 2006.
- Emotional Intelligence of Primary School Teachers – International Conference Educational Research and Learning Beyond cognition (St. Thomas College of Teacher Education, Pala and All India Association for Educational Research, Kottayam, Kerala), 2007.
- Emotional Intelligence for Empowering Professional Eminence Among Secondary School Teachers. International Conference, ICEREG- 07 on Educational Research in the Era of Globalization (Department of Education, Periyar University Salem) 2007.
- Integrating Technology in to Teacher Education for Quality Enhancement. International Seminar on quality Enhancement in Educational Communication (Department of Educational Technology Bharatidasan University, Thiruchirappalli, India) 2008.
- Privatization of Higher Education in the Global Scenario. International Conference. INCOFED 2008 on Higher Education and Globalization: Prospectus and challenges. (Department of Education, Mother Thersa womens University, Kodaikanal) 2008.
- Inclusive Education Need for the Hour. International Conference on Education, Research and innovations for inclusive Societies. (School of Educations & HRD Drairdian University, Kuppam, Andrapradesh). 2009.
- Presented a paper titled “Values in Educational Leadership in the three days International Conference on Educational Leadership preparation and Practices in India” organized by Sri. Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya College of Education, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu in collaboration with Howard University, Washington DC USA and Educators International Inc. USA on 1 to 13 June 2009.
- Presented a paper titled “Relationship between spiritual intelligence and scientific attitude among youth. In the two days International Seminar cum VIII State Convention on Development Education : 21sty Century Paradigms for teachers” organised by Development of Education, University of Kerala, Thiruvnanathapuram in collaboration with CTE on 30thand 31st October 2009.
- Presented a paper titled “Attitude of parents and teachers of secondary school towards inclusive education in the International Conference on Adaptability and Responsiveness in Teacher Education in Govt. College of Teacher Education Thycadu Trivandrum in connection with centenary celebrations on 18th and 19th of June 2010.
- Presented a paper titled ”Moral values and leadership qualities among Teacher Educands in the Ninth Annual Convention and International Seminar of Council for Teacher Education K (CTE) Kerala State Centre on Peace Education: An Orientation for Gen Next on 13th & 14th August 2010 at St. Thomas College of Teacher Education Pala.
National Seminars/ Workshops / Conferences Attended
- UGC-Financed Seminar on Excellence in Higher Education with special reference to Autonomous colleges Organized by University of Kerala, Thiruvanathapuam 17th to 18th October 1988.
- Seminar on Educational Techniques and Analytical strategies in Educational Research organized by school of Pedagogical Sciences Mahatma Gandhi University on March 1998.
- Workshop in Environmental Education Development of Curriculum for B.Ed and M. Ed. courses organized by School of Pedagogical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University Kottayam, March 1998.
- National Level of Research Methodology course conducted by NCERT TTTI, Tharamani Chennai in Nov. 1998.
- National Grass root level HIV/ AIDS Counselling workshop sponsored by NACCO, Vellere on 26th and 28th March 1998.
- Seminar on Qualitative Improvement of Education through Educational Technology State convention of All India Association for Educational Technology organized by AIAET Trivandrum Chapter in September 1989.
- National Seminar on Teacher Education at Dekshin Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha Kochi, on 18th April 2000.
- Workshop on Restructuring B. Ed Curriculum organized by Mahatma Gandhi University under the auspicious of Education Board of Studies and Pedagogical Sciences in July 2002.
- South Zone Conference of Adult Education held at Thiruvanathapuram 10th and 11th May 2003.
- National Symposium on New Dimensions of Teacher Education organized by the School of Pedagogical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University in March 2004.
- State Seminar on Challenges of Teacher Education in the Emerging context Organized in connection with the 3rd State Convention of Council for Teacher Education Kerala Statecentre in July 2004.
- Seminar on Social Transformation through Higher Education Organized by the Jeevadhara Socio Religious Research Centre in collaboration with School of Pedagogical Sciences, Social Services and Department of Adult Education, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam in September 2004.
- AMSES 2005: An International Seminar on Revamping Teacher Education conducted by Mar Sevarious Memorial Training College Chengaroor, Kerala State, in January 2005.
- State convention and National Services on Teacher Education in the Twenty first century organized by the Council for Teacher Education CTE Kerala State centre at Ernakulam in August 2005.
- International Education Meet 2006 (IEM’06) Organized by Government of Kerala at Kochin February 2006.
- Workshop for B.Ed College Teachers organized by School of Pedagogical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University in March 2008.
- Seminar on Value Reinforcement in Education (Significance of Affective Domain in Morel Renaissance) organized by Jeevadhara, School of Pedagogical Sciences, School of Gandhian Thought and Development Studies, Mahatma Gandhi University Kottayam. Kerala in September 2008.
- National Seminar on Issues and Challenges in Teacher Empowerment organized by the School of Pedagogical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University in September 2008.
- National Seminar on Advanced Computing organized by School of Computer Sciences and Computer Science student Association Mahatma Gandhi University. Kottayam in December 2008.
- Workshop on Environmental Education Resource Book Dissemination and Orientation workshop for key Resources Persons organized under the programme titled Environmental Education in Teacher Educations, a joint initiative of the National Council for Environmental Education Ahammedbad in February 2009 at Bangalore
- Workshop on Environmental Education Resource Book Dissemination and Orientation workshop for key Resources Persons organized under the programme titled Environmental Education in Teacher Educations, a joint initiative of the National Council for Environmental Education Ahammedabad on 17th – 19th February 2009 at Bangalore
- Inclusive Education Need for the Hour. International Conference on Education, Research and innovations for inclusive Societies. (School of Educations & HRD Dravidian University, Kuppam, Andrapradesh). March 2009.
- National Seminar (UGC SAP DRS Phase I) on ‘Hindswaraj’ organized by School of Gandhian Thought and Development Studies, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam in March. 2009.
- Three days Seminar cum workshop on Advancing ESD in Teacher Education: Trends and Prospects in Educational Research held at IASE, R. V. Teachers College, Bangalore in March 2009.
- University workshop on Research Projects on the theme Capacity Building an Enhancement initiative on Research Projects Organized by Mahatma Gandhi University Kottayam in April 2009.
- One day University Workshop on the Theme Capacity Building and Enhancement Initiative and Research Projects held on April 2nd 2009 at the University Campus organized by Mahatma Gandhi University
- Values in Educational Leadership Conference on Educational Leadership Preparation and Practices in India. Sri Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya College of Education , Coimbatoreon 11th to 13th June 2009.
- Presented a paper titled “Certain Models and Strategies for Youth Empowerment: a Brief discussion” in the National Colloquium on Strategies for Youth Empowerment organized by School of Youth Studies and Extension , RGNIYD University during 17 and 18th Sept. 2009 at Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of youth Development Sreeperumbathur, Tamil Nadu.
- Presented a paper entitled “Relationship between Spiritual Intelligence and Scientific Attitude among Youth in the International Seminar and 8th State Convention on Development Education : 21st Century Paradigms for Teachers organized by Dept. of Education , University of Kerala on 30th an 31st October 2009.
- Inter University Workshop on ‘The Orbit of Unified B.Ed. Degree Programme’ organized by the School of Pedagogical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University , Kottayam November 2009
- Presented a paper entitled Life Long Learning for Sustainable Development in the 58th All India Adult Education Conference Organized by Indian Adult Education Association , New Delhi in collaboration with Gandhigram Rural University, Gandhigram and Peace Trust Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu form Dec 11th – 13th 2009.
- Participated in the National Seminar on “Education of Individuals with Special Needs : Challenges and Prospects” organized by School of Behavioural Sciences , Mahatma GandhiUniversity, Kottayam on 16-3-2010.
- Participated in the National Seminar on “Interactive Exploration toward Quality Research Continuum” organized by School of Pedagogical Sciences , Mahatma Gandhi University , Kottayam on 26-3-2010.
- Attended the National level Seminar on “Honing Researcher’s skills through Methodological Orientation” organized by School of Pedagogical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam from 7-7-2010 to 9-7-2010.
- Interuniversity Workshop on “Proximity Towards the Creation of Quality Research Framework” organized by School of Pedagogical Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University on 9th April 2010.
- Nano workshop on “Spiralling towards the Refinement of the Assessment and Evaluation of B. Ed. Programme” organized by School of Pedagogical Sciences , Mahatma Gandhi University on 12th April 2010.
- Subject expert of the University Inspection Team for the affiliation of New Colleges and Courses- B. Ed & M. Ed Courses
- Subject Expert- M.Ed. Entrance test in Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Peer team Member in NCTE SRC Bangalore for the on the spot recommendation of Colleges of Teacher Education in Tamilnadu, Andrapradesh and Karnataka states from 2004 onwards.
- Subject Expert for SET Examination of Kerala.
- Resource Person of State Council for Educational Research and Training (SCERT)
- Resource person of District Institute for Educational Training ( DIET)
- Resource person of Training College at BEd. and M.Ed. level.
- Resource person of DIET Programme Advisory Committee (PAC) of Idukki and Alappuzha Districts.
- Member of the Curriculum Review and Research Cell (CRRC) – in SPS – No. SF.1/3/SPS – CRRC /2020/97/dtd 9.9.1997 Work done: Evaluation of DPEP – textbooks
- Member of the UG & PG Exam Board (External & Internal) of Kerala, Calicut , Kannur and Mahatma Gandhi Universities.
- Member in the Adjudication panel for M.Phil and Ph.D. Theses from various Universities in and out of the state.
- Chairman of question paper setting for Kerala, Calicut Universities M.Ed. Programme,
- M.Sc. Anatomy in School of Medical Education, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Pedagogics in eh School of Pedagogical Sciences.
Dr. T.V. Thulasidharan